Wow!! Now kids and adult alike will love the new upcoming DJI Spark Pro drone. It will be the best drone around 250 grams. A smaller and more powerful light-weight battery is the main reason for this.
- 1 DJI Spark 2 Weight Reduction
- 1.1 The C-FLY Dream is called the DJI Spark killer, which weigh-in under 248 grams!
- 1.1.1 The C-fly Dream Spark Clone Under 250 Grams
- 1.1.2 C-Fly Dimensions and Weight
- 1.1.3 The C-Fly Battery
- 1.1.4 DJI Spark Firmware Update
- 1.1.5 DJI has a firmware update for the Spark, and you must do it by September 1st, 2017 or your drone will not fly.
- 1.1.6 Find out which drones under 250g will be the best in 2019
- 1.1.7 DJI investigates Spark drone after users report fly-aways and unexplained crashes
- 1.1.8 DJI Spark multiple gimbal errors and DJI Spark: Choppy Video Feed? Here’s How To Fix It
- 1.1.9 Having trouble connecting your DJI Spark to iPhone? Here’s how to fix it
- 1.1.10 DJI Spark WiFi, How to reset
- 1.1.11 What to expect from the New DJI Spark 2 in 2019
- 1.1 The C-FLY Dream is called the DJI Spark killer, which weigh-in under 248 grams!
DJI Spark 2 Weight Reduction
With all the problems DJI was facing at the launch of the Spark drone, there is no wonder why they are pushing so hard to make the 2019 Spark 2 drone even better. And with all the new drone rules for UAV’s over 250 grams will be put in place by the FAA in the US 2019. A more powerful and smaller drone from DJI will be the answer.
Although in mid-2018 all the problems were fixed and the Spark is now one of the best lightweight drones on the market, it is rumored that DJI Spark Pro will be getting a weight reduction this spring.
The C-FLY Dream is called the DJI Spark killer, which weigh-in under 248 grams!
The C-fly Dream is updated with the most recent picture and video transmission technology. Equipped with innovative 1080P FHD 5G Wi-Fi Camera, providing high resolution that can help you capture every airborne instant. C-fly Dream GPS drone also is equipped with more amazing functions, like follow me, altitude hold and many more. And it offers an about 13-15 minutes’ stable flight with your children and friends.
With the GPS positioning system, the C-Fly Dream will follow you and monitor your every move. Furthermore, the most recent landing place of the drone will be shown on a map then you could track it and get it back. You will go through the safest and most enjoyable flight ever!
Using GPS+GLONASS method, fly secure and has followed me, operate and can auto return once the battery power is reduced or the drone and the control cut off the link. Extended flight time and space: Fantasy can fly 15 mins along with the commanding area is about 800m, take you to sense different opinion.
C-Fly Dimensions and Weight
Complete weight is 248g, simple to take outdoor and simple to operate. Equipped with an HD camera and 2-axis gimbal: HD real-time live series, 1080P HD video along with the secure gimbal, close you and the entire world. Optical flow method: can hover stable indoor with no GPS signal, creates the drone a lot easier to control.
Foldable Propeller Props Spare Props Blade C-Fly Dream RC Aerial Drone Quadcopter
The C-Fly Battery
Having extra C-Fly drone batteries are a must to keep you flying your drone for days.
- Item type: Lipo battery
- Battery: 11.4V 950mAh Li-Po battery
- Battery dimension: 80mm x 47mm x 35.5mm
- Battery weight: 79g
- Suit for: C-FLY Fantasy RC Drone
- Package Include:1 x Lipo battery
DJI Spark Firmware Update
We all can remember when some of DJI’s spark drones were falling from the sky, and DJI had admitted they were working on the problem.
“DJI was aware of a small number of reports involving Spark drones that have lost power mid-flight. Flight safety and product reliability are top priorities. Their engineers were thoroughly reviewing each customer case and a fix was made. DJI products are tested for thousands of hours, and the overwhelming number of customers enjoy using their products with minimal disruption.
DJI has a firmware update for the Spark, and you must do it by September 1st, 2017 or your drone will not fly.
On August 21st, 2017 DJI released news and mandatory firmware update for their spark drone owners. The owners of DJI’ latest and smallest quadcopter must update their firmware by the 1st of September 2017, or their machine will automatically ground themselves. They did not want to risk even the slightest possibility of a drone injuring people as it crashes to the ground. The firmware update is to stop in-flight shutdowns that were occurring. So no bad things to fix a safety issue.
The firmware update enhances the DJI Sparks battery management systems to optimize power supply during flight.
These kinds of problem are to be expected in this industry. A few drones will malfunction from time to time; it does not matter if it is Yuneec, GoPro, DJI or 3D Robotics. I can remember when GoPro recalled its Karma drone. The same goes for almost every robotic lawn mower, robotic vacuum or even smartphone or tablet for that matters. The big difference, of course, is that when a smartphone shuts down for an unexpected reboot, it doesn’t come crashing out of the sky.
DJI investigates Spark drone after users report fly-aways and unexplained crashes
“DJI is aware of a small number of reports involving Spark drones that have lost power mid-flight,” a DJI spokesperson told Digital Trends. “Flight safety and product reliability are top priorities. Our engineers are thoroughly reviewing each customer case and working to address this matter urgently. DJI products are tested for thousands of hours, and the overwhelming number of customers enjoy using our products with minimal disruption.”
DJI had fix this problem and add additional safeguards through a firmware update, which can be installed through the DJI Go 4 app.
DJI Spark multiple gimbal errors and DJI Spark: Choppy Video Feed? Here’s How To Fix It
So some Spark owner is facing problems fresh out of the box. After doing the updates, the system gives multiple gimbal errors: gimbal motor overloaded, gimbal motor protection, gimbal rotation error, and gimbal joint angle sensor initialization error.
“Something to consider, not sure if this is what is causing it or not. When the DJI Spark is powered on then, the gimbal is actively trying to stay level as that is what it is supposed to do. If you turn the drone over, twist it around, etc. then you are causing the gimbal also to move to remain level. You can demonstrate this just by turning it on holding it level and looking at the camera while to gently rock it side to side….you will see the camera moving as the gimbal maintains a level position. If you pick up the drone while powered on and make extreme movements (which are not that extreme to you but they are to the gimbal), then the gimbal is going to hit the physical stops in one or more of the two available axis it moves, and then you have a Gimbal Overload condition. I recommend you always hold your drone level while it is powered on. If you need to flip it over or twist it around… turn it off first.”
Having trouble connecting your DJI Spark to iPhone? Here’s how to fix it
DJI Spark with IOS-How to setup
- The first thing you’ll need to do is connect to and activate your new drone. To do that, just follow the steps below.
- Charge your DJI Spark battery fully and insert into the drone.
- Download the DJI Go 4 app from the App Store.
- Open DJI Go 4 and ensure the app is set to connect to a DJI Spark.
- Turn on your DJI Spark (one tap and one long press until fans kick in).
- In the DJI Go 4 app on your device, tap Enter Device and connect to the Spark’s Wi-Fi network.*
- Enter the password found under the battery on your Spark and the carrying case.
- Turn off mobile data.
- After you’ve connected to the Spark, you will be asked to activate the product and check for firmware updates.
- Once these steps have been completed, you should now be able to fly your DJI Spark.
If your experience ends up anything like mine, you’ll be presented with one significant issue first — you can’t find the Spark’s Wi-Fi network. The Spark that ships in the “Fly More Combo” are designed to pair with the remote controller first rather than directly to your phone. Thankfully, it’s not very difficult to change that and control things with your iPhone.
DJI Spark WiFi, How to reset
- Turn on your DJI Spark (one tap and one long press until the fans kick in).
- Open the DJI Go 4 app on your iOS device and tap Enter Device. From there you should be presented with your device’s Wi-Fi menu.
- Press and hold the Spark’s power button until the drone beeps once, twice, and then three times (9-10 seconds). This resets the Spark’s Wi-Fi network.
- On your smartphone, the Spark’s Wi-Fi network should appear as a secured network
- From here, locate your Spark’s carrying case. The Wi-Fi password will be listed next to the QR code. Input that password and tap Connect.
Once you’ve followed these steps, your device should have no issues connecting to the DJI Spark. The range, when connected to a smartphone, is pretty minimal, but things are stable for the most part right now.
What to expect from the New DJI Spark 2 in 2019
The origin, Source predictor OsitaLV, continues with more info on the specs of this Spark 2. Supposedly it’ll be mostly the identical design, with some improvements (more aerodynamic and better airflow for cooling maybe, similar to what we’ve seen with the Mavic Air?).
An updated 4K @ 30fps camera (finally!) And 1080p @ 60fps with enhanced image quality. No RAW unfortunately though. Wi-Fi will be used for transmission, exactly like using the Mavic Air. New features such as Asteroid, Boomerang, and enhanced gesture control will be copied from the Mavic Air.
The link between your smartphone and the remote control will be via a USB cable and not wireless, which should make for a better relationship. The DJI Spark 2 will also have rear-facing sensors for obstacle avoidance. Pricing is expected to be between USD 490 to USD 390. The mini-drone will most likely include internal storage, similar to the Mavic Air.
The new DJI Spark 2 for spring 2019 will have all these problems fixed by release date. No more issues, and with the improved battery that will make it under 250 grams and the new 4k camera this drone will be the best drone under half a pound, Stay tuned for more updates as they come out.